Hukarere Girls’ College is divided into four houses:

Mere Hana Whare

Mere Hana Whare is named after Mere Hana Hall.  She spent 53 years of her life at Hukarere; as a student, a teacher and the last 14 years as the Principal.  This house represents past, present and future staff of Hukarere.

Wiremu Whare

Wiremu Whare is named after the Williams Whānau whom founded Hukarere in 1875.  This whare represents the Anglican Church and the founders of Hukarere.

Mataruahou Whare

The youngest of the whare was established to commemorate the original site of Hukarere which is Bluff Hill.

Reremoana Whare

Reremoana Whare is named after Reremoana Hakiwai, an Old Girl of Hukarere.  Reremoana commemorates Hukarere Old Girls’ and past, present and future students of Hukarere.

Girls Jumping - Hukarere College